We spoke to Elton Ilirjani, founder and CEO of The Headhunter KARRIERA LLC, about employment practices in their company:
- Does the company have a non- discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy that applies to all employees?
E.I.: Yes, we have EEI policy that applies to all employees.
- Does the non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy contain the terms ‘sexual orientation’, ‘gender identity’ and/or ‘gender conformity’?
E.I.: Yes, it explicitly contains this terms in way that sexual orientation discrimination is not allowed at workplace.
- Does the company have a Human Resource Manager or a Senior Executive with a mission mandate or specific responsibility that includes non- discrimination and equal employment opportunity?
E.I.: At the moment we have HR Manager that takes care of human resources department in the company and has a mission covering this topics.
- Does the mission mandate of this Human Resource Manager or Senior Executive specifically include LGBTIQ diversity?
E.I.: Yes, we know that our employees are our strength, and we do not split them in columns, all employees are equal and only important thing is that we have same vision, mission and to grow together.
- Does the company provide other managers, supervisors and team leaders with training on non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity?
E.I.: We have regular trainings including non discrimination and equal employment seminars and trainings.
- Does the company provide training to all employees on non-discrimination and equal opportunity in the workplace?
E.I.: Yes, we have online trainings, 1on1 trainings to all employees provided by certified trainers.
- If the company has a non- discrimination and equal employment opportunity policy, how is it made available to your employees and candidates?
E.I.: Trough our email list and communication manager we sent our newsletter and all policies to our employees.
- Does the company recruitment policy include a specific reference to LGBTIQ persons?
E.I.: Yes. We strictly train our recruiters not to discriminate any candidate.
- Are the company application forms and interview questionnaires designed to ask questions in a LGBTIQ-friendly manner?
- Does the company have a mechanism in place to report discrimination or harassment based on gender identity and/or sexual orientation in the workplace?
E.I.: Yes. Our HR Manager is in charge for this part, they are doing all the trainings and supervision regarding discrimination.
- Is someone in the company trained on how to deal with this if there is a compliant submitted on discrimination, bullying or harassment based on gender identity and/or sexual orientation in the workplace?
- Does the company have any mechanism in place to evaluate and mitigate the safety and other welfare concerns of LGBTIQ employees in the workplace?
E.I.: Yes, we have regular meetings with all of our employees and we keep data and summaries of this meetings.
- Has the company supported any other initiatives to promote social and professional inclusion of minorities including LGBTIQ persons?
E.I.: Yes, the company is trying to support this positive initiatives and to promote social and professional inclusion of LGBTIQ persons.
- Has the company developed a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy?
- If YES to question 15., does the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy include specifically LGBTIQ diversity?
- During the last two years, has the company made any donations or offered any sponsorships to charities or community-based organisations?
E.I.: Yes. We offer sponsorships to great talents.
- During the last two years, has the company joined any campaigns or initiatives to support publicly LGBTIQ equality and inclusion?
E.I.: Yes. We are part of many campaigns and initiatives to support publicly LGBTIQ equality and inclusion. I hosted a lot of TV shows where I spoke publicly, as company founder about this and supported LGBTIQ persons.
- Does the company have guidelines that prohibit doing business with companies or organizations that openly and actively discriminate against LGBTIQ people or any racial/religious minorities?
E.I.: We do not explicitly have this kind of guidelines but we are in the process of creating something similar, as our goal is to cooperate only with companies that are non discriminating in any way.
On the basis of the answers submitted, The Headhunter KARRIERA LLC is listed in GOLD category of companies of EEI.